Sell my house over the holidays? You have to be kidding right? Well, no, not really. If someone needs to sell a home now is actually not a bad time to sell. Here are the reasons why:Buyers that are
Selling over the holidays? Really?
Dated: November 11 2019
Sell my house over the holidays? You have to be kidding right?
Well, no, not really. If someone needs to sell a home now is actually not a bad time to sell. Here are the reasons why:
- Buyers that are out looking in November and December are typically SERIOUS buyers. That means less headache for you as the seller since the "tire-kickers" will be off at the shopping mall or distracted with other things. This transalates into fewer vaccuming sessions and cleaning crazes for you to deal with in getting ready for showings for these "tire kickers".
- You still controll the schedule. You can block the showing schedule to prevent any showings from taking place during those holiday meails and family times so you can focus on your family.
- Your home will most likely already look amazing as you undoubtedly spend time getting it cleaned up and decorated for the seaonal events. Nothing makes a house feel more like a home than the autumn season and the holidays.
- One of the biggest reasons is LESS COMPETITION! Most sellers relegate themselves to wait until the "spring market" to list their home. Yes, there are more buyers out during the spring time, however, there are also A LOT more sellers out.
- Terms can also be negotiated to help you manage the stress of moving during the holidays. Possibly a seller posseesion after closing would be best to allow you to move forward with your home sale and then having a few weeks to move out come January? Or have a delayed closing date to allow for the holidays to pass and then you focus on packing and moving out. Everything is negotiable!
So, if you need to sell the house sooner rather than later then let's talk today and figure out a gameplan to get it sold with as little inconvenience to you as possible!
Charlotte is my hometown and I love helping people buy and sell homes here! I spent my childhood living in East Charlotte and later spent my high school years living in the beautiful countryside of Wa....